Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nikita

Yesterday, my lovely ferret Nikita left this world for ferret heaven. She died peacefully in her sleep, curled in a ball. For the last year of her life, she was suffering with adrenal disease, which caused her to lose her hair, and look like a sickly little rat. Thankfully, about 3 weeks ago, she suddenly started growing her hair in, and as of yesterday, she was the beautiful little girl that we knew, and will be buried in her most beautiful, new fur coat. She was 8 years old, which is probably the equivalent of a 90 year old human.



I told mom that she had to die with dignity. She couldnt die being an ugly rat, and instead, she died once her beautiful new coat had come in.. so our last memories of her were of a beautiful little ferret!

RIP Nikita!

I'm sad for her being gone, but I am happy that she did not suffer. Till her last day, she was bouncing around the basement, and pestering poor Tiger, and stealing and hiding the cat food in her little spot.. which I am sure eventually dad will find more 'little reminders' of Nikita's presence in the basement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, she's so cute. Sad she had to go, but it sounds like she had a good life with you :)