Thursday, April 8, 2010

Karate

I just have to say, that karate classes are amazing, and its a workout and a half built into pure fun. Okay so maybe I am weird in that I love the challenge, but I seriously wish I had the opportunity to do karate growing up.. I would have loved it!

But, making up for lost time.. we have 8 sessions at a dojo sponsored by our city for a discount (major discount) rate. We looked into dojo's around town.. and low and behold.. Boeing has one! Its fifty dollars a month (plus 5 dollars for me until we are married) for two nights a week, 1.5 hours each time. Our Bally's fitness club membership costed 50 a month until recently, so if we dropped that, and added in karate, we could do it without worrying about money!

Next Tuesday I will officially be a white belt.. yeah that means newbie but we're getting uniforms so we dont kill our wardrobe.

I tell you if you ever get the chance to try karate, its a lot of work, but its good in discipline and body training. I never thought I could do 50 pushups (granted, they were the 'girly' pushups) because when I did my Wii Fitness coach, my max is 20.. but on Tuesday I did over 50, and was able to mentally push through it. Simply amazing. And I learned my right arm is infinitely more powerful than my left.. David's arm was starting to hurt today from my punches!

3 comments:

Apryl said...

Awesome!! We have wanted to do karate forever... Jeff did Kempo when he was a kid. Unfortunately there isn't much in the way of karate out here... :(

S Club Mama said...

cool! Good job. I'm not good at push ups. I usually do the girlie kind, too.

ChickenLittle said...

How fun that you're doing Karate! I've always thought that looked fun. Glad you're liking it!