Sunday, January 23, 2011

My first rejection of the year! :D

Well well!

I have been applying for some jobs now that the new year is upon us and I have no immediate plans which will hinder my job search. And I have my first rejection! REI's corporate headquarters (which is literally 2 blocks from my place) decided that they would choose someone else for an administrative assistant job. Boo. That was the one job I was crossing my fingers and toes and any other objects I could get ahold of that I would get!

I think I have a long road ahead of me to get a job. After being without work for 2 years, and only 26 years old, I am afraid employers will not think I am motivated to work, when its the opposite.. I've been out of work so long that I am extremely motivated!

But I wont ever let it get me down. We are not in dire need of money, so there is no stress with finding a job. I just thought I would share my first rejection!

Here's the letter:

Greetings Ryan,

We wanted to follow up with you on the status of your application for the position of ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - HQ2256.

After evaluating candidates for this position we have made the decision to move forward other applicants who are a closer match for this specific role.

We value your interest in REI as an employer and encourage you to continue to visit our website for future opportunities.

Thank You!

REI Talent Management & Recruiting


I am very surprised to get a response, so thats a plus. I hate waiting and waiting and nobody even responds back to you.

Check ya laterz!

-Ryan

No comments: