Snow in Seattle?
Thats right, not just snow.. but LOTS of snow.. At least 5 inches in the city proper. Though around here (15 miles south) there is only about 1 inch or so, so far.
Whats crazy is.. people here do not know how to drive in the snow.. at all.. point blank period..
On just watery roads, there was completely stopped traffic.. then when it got to actual slushy roads, the traffic was stopped traffic for like.. 5 minutes, then you go 25 feet, and another 5 minutes.
Lets just say that we started off to work at 7 AM, and got around my workplace at 10 AM, then to David's workplace at 10:30 (which is down the street).
Then lets just say, that at 8:30 I decided to call in to say hey, I am late.. and found out.. Oh, work was cancelled today!
Thats right, we could have STAYED HOME, cause David can work from home.
Then we were at that point where we could not exit for miles.. in this crappy traffic.. so we ended up having to exit at my normal exit, because the exit before was closed. (thanks for telling us, WADOT!)
Then on the way back from David's work, we went on the non-interstate way cause it was faster. Unfortunately idiot drivers went that way too, and were slipping, sliding, getting stuck, and being stupid drivers. We made it to the Wendy's thats about a mile from our place, two hours after leaving David's work. I guess thats an hour improvement from the initial drive.
So, pretty much, I am not going to work tomorrow. I will either call in, or they will cancel work, but I am not going to go out in that mess until it is somewhat cleaned up. And with a hard freeze coming tonight, I know thats not happening until this weekend at least.
I guess the bonus part is that I get a four day weekend, right?
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008534893_webweather18m.html
Theres a good article on how idiotic people are here.. Driving the wrong way down the major interstate to get off of it? IDIOTS!
1 comment:
well we are getting freezing rain and sleet as I write this...so I have a feeling things around here will be slow tomorrow also!
Post a Comment