Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Heat Wave

Wow. So, you think Seattle, you think.. rain, right?

Well, you may not believe this, but its 102 degrees right now. Thats right.. its hotter here than nearly everywhere else in the country. The average high is about 80 degrees.

Seattle broke two records today.. First was this morning, when it only dropped the low to 71 degrees. That was the 'highest' low ever recorded in the city. Next, the heat cranked up to 102 degrees, which is the highest high ever recorded. I got to witness a record being broken, twice! Yay!

Oh wait. I forgot to mention...

WE DONT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING.

Its 96 degrees indoors.. and only getting higher.. and we wont get relief until next week. Its been 90+ since Sunday, and wont stop until the weekend.. where we will get relief in the form of... 87 degrees. Thats nearly as cool as it got in the house last night. David woke up and said it was 86 degrees indoors at 6 AM. When I got up at 9, it was 90 indoors, 91 outdoors.

I tell ya, I am prepared to go OUTSIDE in this heat, being I am from Nebraska and all, but my lucky air conditioned Nebraska self is NOT used to spending an entire week roasting.

Poor Kiara is just tired as I'll get out and hides in the bedroom under the bed.. the coolest place in the house.

1 comment:

S Club Mama said...

If I could afford the postage, I'd mail you our AC. Poor gal.