Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Things are always random here, cause I dont update often, bear with me!

So, my parents came to visit last month. They had the time of their life. They had never really gone on a vacation together outside of camping at a lake or Worlds of Fun. (Or I guess, they came to Missouri one weekend and went to Branson)

So we took them EVERYWHERE. A lot of places were places we had not been either.

First stop, was Ocean Shores, WA. This is pretty must straight west from Seattle, near Aberdeen (Nirvana dude lived there?) and we got to see the Pacific ocean. I would have taken the trio who went to CO there, if they had been able to make it! Next time though, when you guys come, we will go there! Its so much fun! Anyway, we stayed at a Comfort Inn overlooking the ocean. Since we went on a Thursday night, we thought we'd get a room with a view.. but we got one looking at the parking lot. We went downstairs and was like.. hey.. do you have any facing the water? He was like.. well.. for an upgrade fee (20 bucks) we can give you this room. Its got 2 KING size beds, a loft, and was basically an apartment. It was their BEST room. For like.. 130 a night! Mom and dad were SO happy and after soaking ourselves in the ocean (and me forgetting to bring a change of undies so I had to let them dry before we ate supper! COMMANDO FOR A FEW HOURS IS HORRIBLE!) they sat on the chairs and just looked out on the ocean. That night, Dad and I walked to the beach, over the dunes, and looked out at the beach just after sunset.. it was beautiful! Well.. David, being the kind man he is, decided to bring the car down to pick us up... except he got stuck in the sand. You could drive on the beach but you only wanted to drive on the wet sand area cause the soft sand just sank you in. So he got stuck, and some nice people got him out.. and I still have sand in my car from it, but thats alright cause it brings back fun memories. Either way, the next day, we woke up to a rainbow over the ocean. Truly breathtaking! We packed up and left early that day and relaxed the rest of the day after the 3 hour drive back. We also took them to Snoqualmie Falls, Mount Rainier (Where there was still snow on the mountain!!!!) A harbour cruise, Pike Place Market, the Aquarium & Zoo, and a few more places. We were all exhausted but it was sad to see them go back home. They did like the area though, so maybe, just maybe one day, they'll move up here with us. Mallory after all wants to move to Denver or something, so they'd have no reason to be in Nebraska!

Two weeks ago David and I went to a place called Northwest Trek. Its a type of place that has animals from the northwest.. but most of them were the same things you see in Nebraska too. The cool thing was they had a giant free range area with Moose, Caribou, Bighorn Sheep, Deer, and Buffalo! They were so close to the road too at times! And one of the moose was swimming in the big lake! It was so cool. They also had a PSC Bobcat there that was roaming around in its enclosure, really close to us! It was so fun, and David loved it.

Then last weekend we went to the mall, and we actually looked at rings! Granted, nothing was gotten so obv no question has been asked, but it gets me so excited to think about that sort of thing. I also decided he's a very lucky man because I was looking at those rings and at all the big expensive ones I was like.. gosh thats too big, my finger would fall off! I loved the look of the.. wedding band thing? The one thats just a band, but it was like 1/5 karat diamonds around it so it was so pretty! I dont know how people get the 3 karat diamonds and wear them.. first off, they are so expensive, but my gosh, the rings are huge! I mean, the 1 karats seem big to me! The one I liked most I think was 1 karat total between a set of an engagement ring and the band that goes with it.. so yeah.. he wont ever have to worry about dissapointing me with 'not getting a big enough rock'.. (I just hope he gets me a rock sometime soon! Teehee!)

David's birthday was also last week, and he got a netbook that he's been wanting.. but he had no idea he was actually going to get one. I also got him a Sega Genesis/CD unit, so he can play Sonic the hedgehog and all those games he has from when he was younger.. and boy he has been playing them! Its funny to see these games on HD widescreen TV's though.. cause they're so pixelly! I also made David a cake (Horray I cooked!) and we ate at Red Lobster for his birthday.. *gag* I hate that place and really, I wouldnt go back unless it was his birthday, hehe. The cheese rolls were pretty good, I admit, but thats about it. The chicken alfredo stuff I got was just average.

On his birthday we went to a Mariners game.. but the best part.. it was LOLCAT night! (www.icanhascheezburger.com) We got free T-shirts, the tickets were 11 bucks a piece, and David got his picture taken with the Mariners mascot, Mariner Moose! It was so fun!

Otherwise, no job yet. I tell ya, the economy doesnt enjoy people who are in the science field, whos alternate is administrative.. cause A) there is NO science stuff around my area, and B) the administrative jobs are non-existant nowadays because a lot of them got laid off, so theres tons of overqualified people taking the more entry level jobs. I am keeping an eye out for daycare as a third alternative, just to bring in some extra money though, but so far nothing has come up. Blah. Oh well, the cat sure enjoys me being home all the time.

Holy joly, long post, but now you can be updated on my life! YAY!

No comments: