Sunday, May 10, 2009

Gettin ready for the move.

So this weekend we spent a ton of time looking for a decent futon or sleeper sofa for when we have guests come visit. We ended up finding a really nice futon mattress and cheap frame at Big Lots! The mattress is super thick and comfortable, microfiber and a nice camel color, and the frame is just a black frame.. but out of all of the stuff in our price range we looked at (and layed on) at furniture stores, it was the Big Lots futon that we will end up getting. We put it on layaway since we wont be getting it until after we move in! The great thing? The futon and frame together is half the price of most the other things we looked at.. yet more comfortable than all the rest.. gotta love it!

We also looked at bicycles at K-Mart. They have a 'Kent' brand bicycle there that is really nice and I think we'll end up getting it for myself. That way I can ride my bike places and on trails while I am unemployed and then we'll look for one for David.. (Since they have a bad supply of mens bikes at K-Mart) and we'll go biking together.

I also found out that the main street that runs by our condo runs straight down to where Janice, Shannon, and Jessica are staying.. but of course, the road is under construction in the middle of it, so hopefully by the time they get here, it will be finished so they can go up the road and make two lefts and be at our place! The place they are staying also looks like a decent place BTW, and its really got easy access to the highways to get up to Seattle.. good choice!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that theres horse races going on near here.. We're gunna take my parents to a horse race cause I think they would enjoy it. Its at Emerald Downs. (In case someone was interested in horse races and wanted to look it up)

Otherwise, we've been packing up the small stuff in boxes and boxes.. I've got most of my little stuff packed away except my desk.. and a lot of the books and DVD's are packed up. We're doing good so far but we're running out of boxes! :P

Oh, and I have to go to the doc David said, cause I have a rash on my body that I have named the 'random rash' that keeps spreading and not going away........ It doesnt itch or hurt.. there is just spots on my belly, chest, and back, that are dry and scaley.. Plus I am getting a cold.. how lovely! At least it will be over by the time we go on vacation and my parents come and the friends come too! What a busy couple months!!!

1 comment:

jfrank said...

well if you have had a fever about two or three days ago, it could be roseloa(spelling). A couple of kids in my class have had that recently.
And I hope that road is open by July!! Can't wait to see your new digs!!!