Monday, May 11, 2009

Singing in the Shower

So, I was thinking as I was singing in the shower.. (All nasally and sicky of course but still belting out the tunes!)

I wonder what I'd be doing if I had continued in the choir section in high school instead of just doing the mandatory 2 years in jr high and then just doing band after that.. Mallory is such a good singer and I wonder if I would have had that possibility if I had stayed in Choir and kept refining my tunes. After all, I DID make an honor choir in jr high where you had to send in a tape.. I think it was Mudecas? Anyway, Anna and I were the only two girls chosen to go.. so I know I am not a horrible singer.

Then I sit here and realize.. you know.. how my sister and I became decent at singing? My parents had to deal with 30 minutes (or more) each night of each of us belting our tunes out in the bathroom. If I take a shower, I ALWAYS listen to music. And I sing as if my life depended on it because I can. I also know Mallory really wasnt that good as a kid singing.. I used to listen to her in the car (and tell her to shutup of course) and she was offkey.. but gradually she turned into a really really good singer..

So those people who make fun of those who just randomly sing in the shower.. they havent even heard us.. and I honestly think that if I have a kid, I will encourage them to sing in the shower.. because I think that Mallory and I singing at such a young age all the time made us able to sing today without being embarrassed that someone might hear.

Yay random thoughts!

1 comment:

Apryl said...

It's true. The only way to become a better musician (singing, playing, whatever) is to just do it!