So, I am going to Austria next May.
The Missouri State University choirs are going to Austria for a trip. They needed an extra person to go, plus David's mom needed someone to go with. We could never have afforded it, so David's mom is, no joke, footing the bill. I doubt I'd have gone even if I had the money, but I really wanted Phyllis to go, because she will never get this opportunity again. She loves the German/Austrian culture, can speak German, yet has never left the US. She was wavering, and I told her, "I'd go with you if I could if you would go, but we just cant afford it" and she said: "What if I pay for it?" and I had to stand dumbfoundedly in front of her stuttering and trying to not leap for joy with David right there as well. So I said I'd talk it over with David and he said its alright with him, and I made sure to let him know that its like.. 33% for my own happiness to go, but 67% of the reason I accepted is really so Phyllis can NOT drop out now.
We're going to Vienna, Salzburg, and some really long name near the Italian border. We're also going to go to Italy AND Slovenia. I am just in shock, really. But I have to hurry and get a passport so I can get it in time! EEK!
1 comment:
what a great opportunity! Glad you can go!! Take many pictures because I'm jealous...well, that you get a vacation more than anything lol
And cool that you can get along so well with his mom. I'd kill my MIL if I had to be with her for more than a few hours.
Post a Comment