Okay so this is a mini rant. I dont normally care about politics, but man, Ben Nelson is the biggest sellout. I cant believe he was like.. "I'll vote for this if you give Nebraska free medicaid forever!" (or it was offered, either way, he took it) Oh, and congrats on the abortion thing.. you successfully made it so states can choose to fund it or not. If all 50 choose to fund it, you got absolutely nothing. *clap clap*
All I can say is I hope you guys get insurance from work from now on. If this bill were to have gone into effect five years ago, I'd never be able to have insurance.. cause the premiums would be through the roof because of all the pre-existing coverage that is now mandated to be covered. I know its bad that some things were just unfair with it, but heck, now whats going to stop someone from going uncovered, then getting insurance so they can get their surgery paid, and then drop coverage? Nothing, but will the rest of the people on the insurance companies plans have to pay for it? You bet ya.
I predict in five years, if this goes through, that we have a lot of 'fines' (for going uninsured, since you wont be able to pay for the premiums when everyone is put into the pre-existing condition removal system) and people going to jail for not being able to pay their fines as well! Haha.
I guess I am super glad that next year I will be on David's insurance.. ... ... which will take a hit from this stupid reform because its considered 'good'... but will still be better than the coverage I have now that will probably triple in price.
/end rant.
Oh wait, I forgot to mention.....
The lack of raises people will get because the companies paying for the insurance will have to pay MORE for the insurance cause of the premiums raising. David worked for insurance. They dont make uber awesome profits. They get billed at higher rates from doctors offices because they can pay for the procedures. Perhaps if the reform part wasnt so obsessed with insurance companies it might have been a better solution, but since they feel insurance companies are the reincarnation of the devil, we all will suffer.
At least I know one thing... The 2010 election will see an end to MR. Sellout's political career in Nebraska. We arent stupid enough to be duped twice.
David actually predicts he will 'retire' for the 2010 election so he wont be defeated by a landslide.
3 comments:
Just be glad you don't live in Nebraska. I'm so ashamed of him. That is so awful.
There's no way we're going to be able to pay 12% of our income for not having insurance and I highly doubt we'll be able to afford insurance. Great.
Yeah... I don't even know anymore. I was originally all for a reform of insurance. Like, an actual reform to make it so that insurance companies would stop forcing up the costs of health care in general. With the help of lobbyists, our representatives succeeded in doing exactly the opposite. Awesome.
The crazy thing is, is that its not insurance companies driving up the cost. In fact, the only way they drive up cost is that they are there to pay for it. Ever wonder why they 'negotiate?' because no joke, I seen a place that had some sort of procedure listed as: medicare - 2k, no insurance - 4k, insurance - 6k.
Isnt that pretty corrupt right there? Why dont we fix that part to keep costs lowered?
Post a Comment