Monday, March 22, 2010

Its 9:22 PM central time.

I want Shannon to wake up to a post or come home to a post after work, so I am hoping I am typing this up late enough! :)

I just have a few things I can type out, really. The first one I could write sixty paragraphs on, but eh, its that healthcare reform thing. I hate it and do not support it at all. It makes me glad that Nebraska and Washington State's attourney generals are stepping up to the plate. Theres better ways to deal with insurance abusers (Getting sick and only getting insurance after you're sick, to game the system) than mandating everyone get health insurance and forcing a fee for breaking the law. I mean, theres plenty more I hate about it and the whole way they went about it, but I worry about my friends here who might not be able to get insurance (or perhaps dont have it now) that when this goes into effect will have to take part of their money and put towards a penalty for not being able to afford it. What.. does the white house think that the reform will magically make prices go down so people can afford it? Only those on welfare will probably get any sort of break. I pray that none of my friends are affected negatively by this bill. =(

Anyway, I could go on about that for a long time. Oddly enough I am not much of a political person and I am glad I am not cause its stressful to follow even this one thing let alone what each party does and all that junk!

I recieved my PC tablet in the mail today. It was thirty bucks and totally worth it. I have adobe photoshop and tested it out a bit, and its so amazing how the pressure you put on the pen will affect how thick your line is and all that. Once I figure this thing out I might be able to draw halfway decent comics, and who knows, maybe I'll make a website with my comics just so people can laugh! :) Ok that might be forever away, but this thing is amazing for the price.

We also need to fix our door. I think I will go Ry the tool guy (er, girl) and try to fix the doorknob. Our problem is that the door will not latch. The dead bolt does just fine, but if we do not latch the dead bolt, the door will not close unless you tweak it into closing. (Which Apryl might remember our house in Tecumseh doing something similar!) We bought the internal parts for the doorknob and I am going to try to replace it when there is a nice sunny day, which could be tomorrow, because its been AMAZINGLY SUNNY AND WONDERFUL HERE!

We're going to Forks, WA in August. Not to see twilight stuff, tho apparently my sister demands that if anything is there thats Twilight related that mom and dad can be next to and a picture taken with, that it must be done. We're actually going to visit the Hoh National Rainforest which is on the other side of Mount Olympus. About a two to three hour drive. This place gets 12 feet of rain a year or more! Its one of the few temperate rainforests!

Oh, if any of you know anyone who needs a house to rent in Tecumseh, my parents house is for rent/sale. Apparently they upped their outrageous price that they rented before, and its only $200 a month, because my mom is crazy and doesnt think its worth even that. Which I have no idea why because they fixed things up so much to where its sixty times better than the house I grew up in... THE SAME HOUSE!

I'm not gunna lie tho, I hope that in June its not rented yet, because I want Phyllis and Bob (David's parents) to see it. His family is MUCH better off than my family will ever be, so I dont think they understand what we grew up with and in. Granted, the house looks really nice inside now compared to when I was there, but its still the same house!

I also need a photographer for our wedding.. its getting sort of er.. late? and I should probably start shopping around.. If you know anyone who would take 295728935782935 pictures and sell the copyrights to the photos along with everything, and is a good photographer, let me know!

This is long. My goodness!

2 comments:

jfrank said...

I think you should talk to Laura Lockard about pics....she just started a business called Worth 100 Words Photography and I am sure she would love to help you out!!! Look up the business name on Facebook!! Alot of us have become fans and you can get a link to her website from there!!!

S Club Mama said...

My dad's a photographer...I could ask him?