So, I was half tempted to go to the waterfront after the Chilean earthquake. I am very thankful the earthquake wasnt near as bad as the one in Haiti yet it was much more powerful.. had to insert that in..
But we were put in a tsunami advisory because of it! They didnt want you to go swimming cause the current could have gotten really bad apparently. Nothing ended up happening though, but I tell you, coming from Nebraska where the only tsunami's we get are drifts of snow.. (as you all know) I was pretty pumped to possibly see a mini one.
Also, I miss Buffalo Wild Wings.. after there was no tsunami, we decided to go find a place to eat.. and we wanted wings.. there are NO good wing places, so we went to a place called Wing Dome.. its the best place around.. but nothing good compare to Bdubs. However, they have a fire burger thats amazing.. it uses their four alarm (out of seven) sauce, pepperjack cheese, bacon, and a smaller burger.. not one of those super thick burgers. I love it cause I can taste the sauce and bacon instead of massive meat flavor.. unfortunately the wings we got with it were nothing to write home about.
I also miss midwestern chinese food. Finding good General Tso's chicken here is darn impossible. First of all they're all pansies and wont put any pepper on it.. and when I ask for five stars (the max) they stare at me as I am eating my food as if I am some crazy person who is going to breathe fire when I eat it.. and the breading is not good either. They either have bad breading, or the breading that they use in sweet and sour chicken a lot.. In fact, I've actually started ordering 'spicy chicken' instead because it doesnt have a bad breading... since its grilled! Its also healthier.
Heck I miss all the food places in the midwest. If I could uproot Longhorn and bring it to Nebraska, we'd have everything I'd ever need in food.. you midwesternites should be so thankful for the amazing selections of food you have, cause here everything is either too authentic or so-so steakhouses.
I did have Taco Bell this weekend and that five layer burrito for 89 cents made me happy. David got 2 double cheeseburgers from Burger King (1 dollar a piece) and I got 2 of the five layer burrito's from Taco Bell (89 cents a piece) so we spent around four bucks on lunch and came home and had our own drinks. ^_^
Oh. And PS. I know most of the people who read this are eating healthy or trying too (like me too!) but if you find tagalong ice cream in the grocery store.. you should get it. Its probably the best ice cream I've ever had in my life. Its like a DQ Blizzard with the Peanut Butter Patties girl scout cookies mixed in. Ohemegee.
Oh oh, and we bought a new camera! I so wish I could send Randi my old one so she could have a camera...... except my old one sometimes involves beating it, taking out the memory card.. beating it more.. sometimes taking it apart... yeah it would be more of a hassle I think. Its also as old as Barney Rubble. But, we got an SLR.. for a great price! Thank you internet where we can get stuff tax free and much cheaper than in stores!
1 comment:
LOL you're so sweet. I do have a camera, just the display is half broken. Makes for some funny pictures when Anthony takes pictures. LOL I'm getting better at guessing where my focal points are.
Post a Comment