Monday, March 15, 2010

Ribs Ribs!

Okay, so, I dont know if my faithful few know how bad I am at cooking.. but lets just say last time I burned the cheese in the macaroni & cheese last time I tried to make it.. *cough*

Anyway, thats the forewarning.

David's been on Atkins to lose weight for the wedding. Dont worry, he's a good eater, eating chicken and leaner steaks rather than artery clogging stuff. But eating meat day in and day out gets old.. so I've been trying to make things for him.

First off I made some insanely easy cheesecake jello bars. I got the recipe from here:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Low-Carb-Lemon-cheesecake-Bars-97486

Its really simple, and really good. We use 1 teaspoon vanilla instead of the lemon juice, and our favorite flavor of jello has been black cherry. Next we're going to try orange. If you want something low carb, this is awesome. We also used the 1/3 less fat cream cheese!

But, the best one of all.. last Saturday I made ribs. Fall off the bone ribs. So easy a Ryan can do it. All it involved was putting together some seasonings, rubbing it on the ribs, cutting them into 3 rib bones a piece, wrapping them each in foil with a tiny bit of water, and baking them for a little over two hours. I got the recipe here:

http://www.recipezaar.com/Dry-Rub-Pork-Ribs-105102

I used Famous Daves BBQ sauce on the ribs, but any sauce would do. I threw them on the George Forman for 5 minutes to get them crispy on the outside before putting the BBQ sauce on and mmmmmm.. and David (who cant have the BBQ sauce) LOVED them.

It made me so happy to make him so happy to be able to eat such good food that I made! This cooking thing isnt so bad after all!

If you guys want a simple meal tho, try the ribs recipe, its REALLY easy, and ribs here are cheaper than steak and I'd choose these ribs over steak anyday.. thats how good they are.

And for those with little ones who might eat meat.. the meat is so tender that you literally dont even need to use your fingers to eat.. you could easily pull it apart like pulled pork or whatnot and off the bone after its done!

Yeeeeeeeeeehaw! ^_^

No comments: