Friday, March 26, 2010

Tokyo Steakhouse

So, we went to Tokyo Steakhouse last night. It was a real treat because we're both on our diets, and yesterday was a 'day off' so we chose to go there. Its one of those teppenyaki places where they cook on the grill in front of you and entertain you at the same time.

Well, this place is amazing. Its nothing like Tokyo Steakhouse in Lincoln (just an FYI) and is way better.

I ordered the chicken, fried rice, noodles, vegetables, soup, and salad. Bean sprouts come with it at the end but I didnt touch those, they're nasty anywhere you get them!

The crazy thing is I ate everything. INCLUDING the vegetables, which were mushrooms, onion, and some other green zucchini or something. This meal was SO BIG that normally David and I split it because theres plenty to go around.. oh no, not this time, we both ate everything but the sprouts. I cant believe I did that. It was a feat of stomach!

What I dont understand is why I was able. My diet has been mainly portion control.. eating smaller meals.. so naturally, my stomach should not be used to big meals and have problems when I eat them... oh geez no, I can eat more at mealtime right now than I could a year ago. Its crazy! But at the same time, I can get full off of a bowl of cereal for lunch. I wont complain! I hate wasting food because I could never eat all of my meals when going out to eat, but now I have no problem with it.

As for wedding stuff, we really need to figure out decorations and music! We want to do our own music playlist on a laptop, and plug it into a sound system, and make Paul be in charge of the music for like first dance and all that stuff. We also have to rent stuff for the church for decorations, for the tables.. which I have no idea what to do.. I am thinking those square mirrors, with a glass vase thing on top, with blue marbles on the bottom, filled with water and a floating candle, and little confetti things around it on each table.

In June we have to do our cake and food tasting. I am excited for the latter cause its going to be soooooo good!

2 comments:

S Club Mama said...

we really didn't do a whole lot for decorations. At the church we had two vases of fake flowers for "remembrance flowers" and I think we had bows on the pews.
I don't even remember our reception other than pink & black table cloth-things.

jfrank said...

I have a whole list of Wedding Song Ideas I can email you!! If you would like???